Besides, on Friday he took 1st Place in Utility B and today, Sunday, he took 2nd Place. He should have qualified Saturday, but brought the wrong metal article. Articles (Scent Discrimination) is something he had solid. So I didn't work him enough on that exercise.
What I learned from this weekend (and last weekend) of no UDX legs is:
- Work on every exercise, no matter what he's been good in before,
- Continue working extra on sit-stays,
- Work through some run-throughs without breaks in between exercises and keeping his attention,
- Try to get longer "go outs" all the way to the opposite side of the ring,
- Polish fronts and finishes,
- Get him up and excited after a long break between classes (bring a toy, he awakens to that)
When he did his sit-stays again, even though he NQ'd I was really happy. It felt almost as good as getting a title, it had been that much of a problem.